A Look Back: VizWorld 2009
As 2009 winds down, VizWorld nears the end of it’s first year in development, and what a HUGE year it’s been! A few great milestones:
- Went to SIGGRAPH2009 in New Orleans, with several exclusive interviews & video
- Went to SuperComputing2009 in Portland, OR with several more exclusive interviews, including the popular shot of the NVidia Fermi chipset in action and the Intel Larrabee, before it’s demise
- We broke the news that SGI laid off the entire Graphics Division
- An exclusive interview with visualization guru Edward Tufte, and David McCutchen of Immersive Media
- Our successful “What Led to the Fall of SGI” Series
- Held a pair of great contest: Dave Matthews Swag Bag and our $25 Gift Card Drawing
But that’s not all, this year we’ve also brought our new Job Forum online, and our semi-weekly “Resource of the Week“. We’ve watched readership rise several times over as we close in on the 1-million pageviews a month, and watched the RSS subscribers rise to close to 1000! In fact, there has been so much interest from vendors, public relations representatives, and providers that we’ve decided to implement a formal advertising campaign. Our new Director of Marketing will work with companies in the graphics ecosystem to increase their exposure amongst our readership, and maintain the quality of advertising and news you’ve come to expect here.
So, 2009 was a great year for VizWorld, and we hope 2010 will be even better! Thanks to all of you for making VizWorld the success it’s been!