Complete list of SciDAC’s OASCR Winners
I contacted my friends in the Department of Energy (organizers of the SciDAC Conference) and got a complete list of winners at the SciDAC Visualization Night.
- The Big One, a simulated 7.8 earthquake in Southern California, produced by Amit Chourasia, Kim Olsen, Steven Day, Luis Dalguer, Yifeng Cui, Jing Zhu, David Okaya, Phil Maechling and Thomas H. Jordan.
- Five Years of the Breaking Waves Simulation, a compilation showing the evolution of the “Breaking Waves” simulation, produced by Douglas Dommermuth, Thomas O’Shea, Paul Adams and Randall Hand.
- GEOS-5 Seasonal CO2 Flux, the Goddard Earth Observing System Model v. 5 showing seasonal CO2 buildup and reduction in North America, produced by Jamison Daniel and David Erickson.
- ImageVis 3D, a new volume-rendering program developed by the NIH/NCRR Center for Integrative Biomedical Computing, produced by Jens Kruger and Tom Fogal.
- Impact of a Copper Bullet on six Layers of Harness Satin Weave Kevlar Fabric, produced by Eric Fahrenthold, Moss Chimek, Kwon Joong Son, April Bohannan, Randall Hand and Kevin George.
- A Lifted Ethylene-Air Jet Flame Stabilized by the Interaction between a Fuel Jet and the Surrounding Preheated Air, produced by Jacqueline H. Chen, Kwan-Liu Ma, Hongfeng Yu, Ray W. grout, Chaoli Wang, Chun Sang Yoo, Edward Richardson and Ramanan Sankaran.
- Simulation of Non-Newtonian Suspensions: Shear Thinning Case, which shows how suspensions such as concrete or paint react as strain is applied, produced by William George, Nicos Martys, Steven Satterfield, John Hagedorn, Marc Olano and Judith Terrill.
- Simulation of the Gravitationally Confined Detonation Model of Type Ia Supernovae for Ignition at Multiple Points, produced by Brad Gallagher, George Jordan, Dean Townsley, Robert Fisher, Nathan Hearn, Jim Truan and Don Lamb.
- Turbulent Flow of Coolant in an Advanced Recycling Nuclear Reactor, produced by Hank Childs, Paul Fischer, Aleks Obabko, Dave Pointer and Andrew Siegel.
- Visualization of Electron-Scale Turbulence in Strongly Shaped Fusion Plasma, produced by Chris Ho, Chad Jones, Kwan-Liu Ma and Stephane Ethier.